Love After Love
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
Derek Walcott (via talkativolive)
Reblogged from And Yes I Said Yes I Will Yes.
- thesummerinsomniac likes this
- bitterresignation reblogged this from talkativolive
- thedailydoodles likes this
- theadventist reblogged this from talkativolive
- streamsofcontext likes this
- doepatronus likes this
- sylswords reblogged this from talkativolive
- sylswords likes this
- shadowbxer likes this
- only-passionatelycurious reblogged this from talkativolive
- only-passionatelycurious likes this
- apoetreflects likes this
- memoryepsilon likes this
- benjaminldaniel reblogged this from talkativolive
- benjaminldaniel likes this
- pambuchanan likes this
- pambuchanan reblogged this from talkativolive
- flytowardsthestars likes this
- theatralisdea likes this
- seasweptt likes this
- asiwroteoneday likes this
- brittykitty99 likes this
- the-mind-of-rueberry likes this
- huong1952 likes this
- a-poets-corner-of-a-room likes this
- xoxokate likes this
- bluegypsy likes this
- pandascanwritetoo likes this
- painting-a-picture likes this
- fashionthis likes this
- inertiatic likes this
- bluesandbarebones likes this
- thetwistedhollowedmind likes this
- talkativolive posted this
Joseph Campbell once said: “If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone...”
I like being alone.
I like drinking coffee alone, and reading alone.
I like riding the bus alone,...
Of childish days is upon me, my manhood is cast
Down in the flood of remembrance, I...”
Writer. Actor. Malaysian patriot. Pastor's kid. Ragamuffin.